Salary: 10-15 dollars per hour dependent on experience, 30 hours per week.
1. Complete commitment to non-violence as the only acceptable and effective means of conflict resolution.
2. Experience and training in the practice of nonviolence.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with and nurture alliances with politically, socially and ethically diverse communities and organizations.
4. Demonstrated ability to speak truth inspired by love and compassion in a way that can transform perceived enemies into friends and allies.
5. Experience working effectively with office functions including computer skills, financial records, mailing schedules and volunteer work coordination.
Description of work: The Executive Assistant will aid the Peace Resource Center office functions and community organizing and fund raising.
Description of organization: The Peace Resource Center is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit, educational organization incorporated in the State of California. The specific purpose of the PRC is to provide a clearinghouse of peace and social justice resources, issues and activities; to promote networking among peace-related organizations; to offer nonviolent alternatives in conflict resolution; and to carry out an expanding program of peace education in San Diego County. The PRC provides an ongoing presence throughout San Diego County to counter and alter violent approaches to problem-solving—interpersonally, nationally, and internationally and works to point out the links among issues of peace, social justice and a safe, sustainable environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and/or other pertinent information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this position is Friday, September 17th at 5pm.