By Walter Davis
1 April 2010
Eugene Davidovich Acquitted: Wasteful and Mean Policies of the Right
Eugene Davidovich was acquitted last month of all charges along with most of the other citizens arrested in Operation Green RX. As reported, only one citizen, Donna Lambert remains within the clutches of the District Attorney. Operation Green RX was a misguided arrest sweep of people authorized to use medical marijuana. It has now become a national embarrassment to our local government.
With schools closing and teachers being laid off due to budget constraints, it is amazing that money is being wasted on prosecuting law abiding citizens. Eugene Davidovich has lost his job and filed bankruptcy due to the malicious actions of our District Attorney. One can observe similar actions in the Jovan Jackson case. On a national level, billions of dollars are being spent on this war on drugs that simply is not working. It is warfare on the American people and the American family.
Conservative thinking appears to justify incarceration and warfare as the most viable solutions to problems.
Conservative thinking supports locking people up, not giving them treatment, job training and hope to assuage poverty. The cost of such programs would be less than the incarceration programs and be much more productive for our society.
Conservative thinking opposes the development of symbiotic energy systems such as solar, wind, geothermal and wave and supports more oil well drilling.
Conservative thinking opposes peace and supports more warfare to wrest away the natural resources of others instead of modernizing our own energy infrastructure. Spend billions on war then say there is no money for supporting our society.
The opposition to universal health care is another indication of wasteful and mean policies that would allow millions of American citizens to go without medical care. Save the embryos from death in abortions but let children go hungry and without hope?
With the health care debate won, higher order thinking people are making the antiquated conservative thinking a thing of the past. Damaging winds are approaching the conservatives. The divisive Tea Party maniacs are fielding their own candidates against Republicans which is better than Ross Perot's affect on 1990's elections for the Democrats. Donor wells are drying up due to Michael Steele's Bondage-gate. As the populace becomes more educated about the fallacy of conservative thinking, we are seeing a rebirth of intellectualism and abandonment of policies that generate war and Eugene Davidoviches, Jovan Jacksons and Donna Lamberts.
- Contact Me
- Get Animations Here
- YouTube Videos
- The Citizen's Commission on Human Rights
- Wealth Inequality
- The Venus Project
- The Four Horsemen
- ETHOS Time To Unslave Humanity
- Zeitgeist Movies
- The Collective Madness of the American Empire
- Progress in the World Radio Show
Friday, April 2, 2010
April Left Hook - Eugene Davidovich Acquitted: Wasteful and Mean Policies of the Right
- ► 2017 (265)
- ► 2016 (256)
- ► 2015 (428)
- ► 2014 (498)
- ► 2013 (458)
- ► 2012 (399)
- ► 2011 (430)
- [SDCPJ] High school leafleters needed
- [SDCPJ] Last Call for Artworks for a May Day exhib...
- [ZeitgeistLA] New TZM Global Meetup: TZM Women Act...
- Chargers draft, legal pot? and Big Brother
- May 2010 Left Hook: Deadlocked Government
- San Diego May 1st Rally/March for Immigrant Rights...
- [SDCPJ] San Diego May 1st Rally/March for Immigran...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: San Diego May 1st Rally/March for Imm...
- [SDCPJ] Nonviolent Peace Monitor Training May 11
- Court will rule on Christian law students who say ...
- [SDCPJ] Photos - Solidarity Rally Against Arizona ...
- [SDCPJ] URGENT! Demo today/Monday 4/26 6 p.m. Stan...
- [SDCPJ] Housing Request: Host an Activist for Dron...
- [SDCPJ] high school outreach this week
- [SDCPJ] Date Correction: Puparazzi Protest is on S...
- [SDCPJ] Fw: Protest on Sunday, April 25 at Califor...
- [SDCPJ] Military's bootprint in region is a big on...
- Progress In San Diego TV Production on Friday
- Progress In San Diego TV Production on Friday
- [SDCPJ] May Day/Primero de Mayo San Diego, Boycott...
- [SDCPJ] ACTIVIST Opportunities for community outre...
- [SDCPJ] WOMEN AND THE LAW CONFERENCE: Thomas Jeffe...
- [SDCPJ] Celebrate Earthday, Sunday, April 18 at Ba...
- [SDCPJ] Ground the Drones Forum and Demo May 18 an...
- [SDCPJ] Sign up by May 12 for Work-a-thon for Peac...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Opera this Saturday
- [SDCPJ] UFPJ: Tax Day Actions For Peace! National ...
- The Venus Project newsletter
- Concert TOMORROW Celebrates 5 Years of Living Wage...
- [SDCPJ] Diana Buttu and Ali Abunimah @ April 30 - ...
- [SDCPJ] 5th Anniversary of Living Wage Ordinance 4...
- Davidovich: My Medical Marijuana Case Continues Po...
- [SDCPJ] PLUG THIS DATE INTO YOUR CALENDARS! Pleas...
- [SDCPJ] Fwd: Mother's Day Postcards
- Video from Yahoo!
- Lack of affordable housing is hurting you too
- Eugene Davidovich - Not Guilty!
- Living Wage a win for workers, employers and city
- Reminder: Please join us! - Karl Rove in La Jolla ...
- What We Are Up Against
- Coffee with Congressman Filner - Sunday, April 11,...
- Tax Cannabis pledge
- [SDCPJ] Fw: NLG Book Signing Event featuring Marjo...
- [SDCPJ] volunteers needed for Earth Day April 18
- April Left Hook - Eugene Davidovich Acquitted: Was...
- [SDCPJ] Assessing START follow-on
- ▼ April (46)
- ► 2009 (408)
- ► 2008 (348)